Upper Teesdale Agricultural Support Services
MEMBER PRIVACY NOTICE
Upper Teesdale Agricultural Support Services (“we” & “our”) promise to respect and keep safe, any personal data you share with us, or that we get from other organisations.
We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you would not reasonably expect.
This statement is made in order to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, and to tell you how we will use any personal information that you give to us.
What Information we collect
Personal information we hold will generally include your name, address, email address, and telephone number.
Additional personal information we process is largely dependent on the services that you access, for example if we assist you with processing of single farm payments we will need additional information, some examples of the additional information we hold are
Oil Buying Scheme
- Little other than Details of Oil Tank
Members obtaining assistance with Farm Payments, Cattle Movements, Benefits, and other issues
- Trading Name
- Single Business Identifier Number
- Farm Type
- Young Farmer Status
- Documents submitted
- Level of UTASS Authority & Passwords/Keywords
(if supplied and authorised)
- AML 1’s (Animal movement Forms)
- Where members access assistance in the submission
of welfare benefits and other household bills or access food bank facilities,
those forms and information contained in them, necessary to administer that
- Members partaking in the Princes Farm Resilience
Programme, those details necessary for the administration of the scheme
Youth Group Members
- Emergency contact details
- Any medical condition that may have a bearing on our care of you in the case of an emergency
- Achievements. Our funders like to make certain their money is well spent and ask for evidence that the activities we provide help our young people to develop.
- Date of birth and Gender
- Information held is dependent upon the training concerned but is restricted to that necessary to provide and administer the delivery of that particular training.
- Membership Number
- Deposit/Withdrawals/Balance information
- Drivers Licence details & National Insurance
Number (Volunteer drivers)
- Emergency Contacts
- DBS Checks
Lawful Basis for Processing “Legitimate Interests”
You have made a positive choice to be a member of UTASS, and in varying extents as an individual, to access services we provide.
Our “legitimate Interest”, and “purpose” for processing your personal date is the provision to you of the information, support, and services that you have asked from us.
While using “Legitimate Interests” as the lawful basis for processing data, one of the duties expected of us is that we balance our interests in the processing of your data against your own interests.
As we only provide services that you as a member ask of us, our interests will almost certainly align, in fact it’s difficult to imagine circumstances where there would be conflict.
How we use your information
Any information we collect about you will be stored securely and treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will only keep the minimum data that we need to provide you with the services you expect, and only use the data we hold in ways in which you would expect in accordance with the level of involvement you have with us. For example
We will use your data to
- Inform you of events that we think will be of interest to you
- Warn you of potentially harmful happenings, events or circumstances
- Provide support and assistance you have requested
We will not use your data for marketing purposes.
How we keep your data safe and who has access
We ensure that there are appropriate controls in place to protect your personal details.
We will ensure that your information is only accessible in appropriate circumstances. Access will be restricted to those that need it in order to perform their role, e.g.
- Youth group medical conditions will only be available to Youth Workers/Volunteers who need to be aware of this in case of emergency
- The additional information held to process farm payments will only be accessible to those staff involved in that process.
We will endeavour to ensure that any personal information that you give us is kept only for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was given.
We will not share your information with people outside UTASS unless it is necessary to provide service and assistance that you have requested or as a result of a statutory requirement.
For members receiving support with agricultural payments it will be necessary to share relevant information with agencies including the Rural Payments Agency, Land Agents, and Natural England
However, where there appears to be a clear need to safeguard the welfare of an individual and/or his/her family it may be necessary to share information with relevant authorities to address this.
Your right to know what data we hold about you, make changes, or ask us to stop using your data
You have the following rights
- Object to your data being processed on the basis of “Legitimate interests”
- Access the personal data which we hold regarding you, this will be provided free of charge (unless one of the conditions in GDPR apply)
- Rectification. If details are incorrect/incomplete, you have the right to have them corrected or completed. You also have the right to ask us stop the processing of your data while the matter is being investigated.
- Erasure You have the right to have the data erased if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed.
- Restrict Processing If the data which we hold about you is in dispute or if we use it in a way which is outside our stated intentions here, then you have the right to have the processing of your data restricted.
Such applications and objections should be made the project manager responsible for HR and Policy.
Generally, the rights outlined above must be actioned/responded to within a month, however these periods vary.
Further and more detailed information can be found at The Information Commissioners Office Website https://ico.org.uk/home